- Washing your hands
- Apply the mask by adjusting it on the face
- Avoid touching the mask when it is in place
- Remove the mask by removing it from the back
- Wash your hands with a solution of alcohol or soap and water
It is not recommended to wear the mask for long periods of time. It should be reserved for short outings. Never use it for more than a few hours. Never reuse a mask that has not been washed.
- Wash your mask before using it for the first time.
- After each use, wash in hot water with soap. Dry flat.
As the mask may be contaminated after use, it is very important to remove it properly, then wash your hands and immediately wash the mask with hot water and soap.
The Public Health Agency of Canada now recommends wearing a mask in certain circumstances. It is imperative that the masks used by citizens be handcrafted because medical equipment must be reserved for medical personnel.
These protective masks are handcrafted. They are not approved by Health Canada.
The main purpose of wearing a protective mask is not to contaminate the surroundings and thus reduce the risk of contagion among the population. However, it does not replaces traditional methods of protection, such as hand washing, social distancing and confinement, which are the best ways to protect themselves. Wearing a mask is simply added to these measures.